Last night was the last youth group meeting, Tribes, of the school year. I have been volunteering with the high school youth group for the past two years. Since I am planning to take time off next year to spend with Hunter, it was my last night of Tribes for at least a year or two.
It was so exciting that there were 5 new students there last night, but I am sad that I won't get to see if they will come again next year. We honored the seniors last night. Four out of five of the seniors were in my small group. I am very excited for them as they are all going to different colleges in the fall. Narnia did a wonderful job of honoring them in a nice and practical way.
I am excited to have my Sunday nights free, but sad that I won't get to see the youth as often anymore. I plan to do my best to stay connected to the girls via Facebook, dinners out or at my house with them and seeing them at church on Sunday mornings. Several of the girls have volunteered to be my babysitter and I am sure we will take them up on those offers.
I think I might like to volunteer with the college group starting next summer. Thankfully, Darin is fully supportive of my volunteering and taking caring of Hunter on his own during those times.
No comments:
Post a Comment