Thursday, May 27, 2010

38 week Doctor's Appointment

Darin met me at For Women Only for my appointment. I am actually at 37 weeks, 5 days. My blood pressure was lower than I remember it being measured in years, 107/70. I guess I am getting pretty comfortable in that place!

Despite having felt my first real contraction last night and several more this morning,the doctor said that I am only maybe 1/2 centimeter dialated and that Hunter hasn't really dropped. I know he has dropped some because a different doctor in the practice told me so last week and I can see and feel a physical difference. The doctor today said that she fully expects to see me at my appointment next Thursday.

I asked about inducing and was very disappointed to find out that they don't believe in inducing 1st time mothers. I argued that I am not a 1st time mom, but apparently delivering the twins naturally at 19 weeks doesn't count because I wasn't in my 3rd trimester. That definitely felt like salt in the wound! I will ask the different doctor the same question next week just to make sure it wasn't just today's doctor's personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment