
Well, actually almost 37 (on Saturday). Because the doctor was unable to feel Hunter's head during the internal exam last week, I had an ultrasound done today so that they could see how Hunter is positioned. Thankfully, Hunter is head down. He was laying on his side with his butt at my belly button and legs together off to my left side. It makes sense now that the big movement I see at my belly button area is his bottom. Also, most of the kicks I feel lately are on my left side. The ultrasound technician took a couple pictures of his face...though they aren't very clear pictures. My favorite pictures are the one of his big foot and his spine.
The doctor could feel his head during the internal exam this week. I am not dialated at all yet, but the cervix is softening. We found out that I do not have strep B which is a relief. The doctor told us that the ultrasound technician put that Hunter currently weighs 6lbs 9 oz. Apparently that is in the 49% range and right on target with how big both Darin and I were when we were born and the fact that I haven't gained much weight with the pregnancy. If Hunter continues at the same growth rate, he should be about 8lbs at his due date. According to the ultrasound tech, 8lbs is average weight for newborns.
Darin and I are both very relieved that he is head down. We are also excited and anxious for his arrival.
No comments:
Post a Comment