Friday, December 31, 2010

Oatmeal Cereal

Rice cereal didn't really agree with Hunter's digestive track, so we moved on to oatmeal cereal for the first time on Tuesday night and he has had it everyday since. He really seems to like it better or maybe he is just getting better at eating solids. He doesn't eat much of it but he opens his mouth readily for it when first placed in his high chair. He eats or rather I feed him about 1 tablespoon of cereal mixed with 1 oz of breast milk. I say feed because there is a good portion of it that ends up on his face, bib, hands and high chair tray. After every bite I give him, he puts his hands in his mouth. He sucks his hands or his other spoon and that forces him to swallow the food, so I guess that is good. Giving him his own spoon keeps him from trying to take the spoon with the food on it away from me.

Hunter is clapping waiting on his first bite.

Yum! Yum! (It actually smells pretty good)

Waiting on the next bite.

On a different night, Hunter hanging out while we clean up a few things before getting him out of his chair.

1 comment:

  1. Oatmeal worked better with our boys, also. I think it does taste better...at least in the pinky tip Momma taste test, it did. ; ) He is precious as always!

    ReplyDelete