Thursday, December 9, 2010

Evening Routine


We have a fairly regular routine in the evenings after work. The time changes slightly based on how well Hunter slept that day at daycare but the order of things stays the same for the most part. Darin goes in to work early and picks Hunter up from daycare around 4:45. That gives them about 1/2 hour together at home before I get home. They usually play on the floor together. When I get home, Hunter wants to nurse immediately regardless of whether he ate 3 hours or 1 hour prior. After eating, Hunter and I play together until it is time to take him upstairs for a bath. Darin undresses Hunter and I get the bath water ready. I bathe Hunter and Darin puts on the lotion and dresses Hunter. I nurse Hunter again and get him to sleep. Sometimes it only takes me 25 minutes to get Hunter to sleep but sometimes it takes over an hour. We will be working on sleep training the week between Christmas and New Years while both Darin and I are on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment