Thursday, August 9, 2012

Update on Henry

At 2.5 weeks, I took Henry in to the doctor because he had a really bad diaper rash and what I thought was blood in his stool.  The doctor diagnosed him with an allergy to milk protein and he was put on Similac alimentum formula.  Within two days, there was a noticeable difference.  At his next appointment at 5 weeks, Henry was diagnosed with cradle cap on his head, forehead, eyebrow, neck and behind the ears; thrush; and reflux.  Being a 2nd time mom, all of those things were on my list of questions as I believed those were the issues.  The first thrush medicine caused him terrible stomach pains.  Unfortunately, the 2nd medicine didn't do much better either.  The doctor said to just call if I thought reflux was causing him pain and she would prescribe medicine for it.  I left a message for the doctor last week about getting him some medicine for acid reflux but haven't heard back from her.  Reflux doesn't seem to bother him everyday so I'm not 100% he needs medication.

The doctor also mentioned that 2.5 weeks early is really fairly significant as really babies aren't fully developed until 39 weeks.  Now that I have been thinking about Henry with an adjusted age, he is pacing more similarly to what I remember about Hunter.  He his head control continues to get better.  Like Hunter at that age, riding in the car puts him to sleep but he screams his head off at stop lights. 

Henry smiles when I talk to him.  He shares smiles with others when they talk to him too.  He giggled at me the other night.  It was the sweetest sound!  He is awake more and more during the day.  He usually sleeps 3 hours at a time during the night.

Here are the stats from his 1 month appointment (5 weeks, 2 days old):

Height:  23.25 inches (87%)
Weight: 10 lbs 13 oz (64%)
Head: 15 inches (38%)

No comments:

Post a Comment