
- I started Weight Watchers again Monday. It is a new program now. Instead of the Points calculation being based on calories, fat and fiber; it is now based on fat, carbs, proteins, and fiber. All fruits and most vegetables have zero points. So far, this plan seems even easier to follow than the old plan. I chose to go to meetings rather than just following the plan online. I need the accountability of weighing in at the meetings and being surrounded by people on the same journey for an hour a week. I am excited to see how the weigh in goes on Monday night after my first full week on the new plan.
- On Tuesday over my lunch break, I babysat Chase, Ansley and a neighbor friend, Reese, for about 45 minutes while Emily went to have Muffins with Mom at Kole's preschool. Chase was very sweet and cuddly. He had never cuddled with me like that before. One thing that Chase never stops doing is eating - he had M&M's, veggie straws, Bugles, Bologna and a peanut butter & jelly sandwich while I was at his house.

Ansley cried a little when Emily left, but as soon as I wrapped her up in her warm blanket, put her pacifier in her mouth and set her in the swing, she fell asleep.

- Hunter hasn't been feeling 100% all week, but there was no fever or any clear indication of what was bothering him. Darin and I decided Wednesday night that I would make an appointment for Hunter for Thursday. I took him in late yesterday afternoon. It turned out that he has yet another sinus infection and his left ear is infected as well. We started drops and antibiotics last night. Good news is that we actually went 6 weeks in between visits to see the pediatrician.
- They weighed Hunter fully clothed and with a wet diaper. He weighed 26 lbs, 14 oz. That is a HUGE jump up from the last time he was weighed. He has grown so much taller recently. His 12 month pants had been snug in the waist but too long for a very long time. Recently, his pants went from fitting to almost too short. Hunter now weighs more than Chase, who is 11 months older. They just have very different builds.
- Pop came over yesterday and watched Hunter while I was upstairs on a conference call. Pop said that the whole time I was on the phone; Hunter was trying to find me and get to me. When I came downstairs, Hunter was very happy to see me and a little whiney. I took him up to change his diaper and discovered that his poor bottom was burned. He was in so much pain as I tried to clean him up and cried so hard. It was awful. I can't stand to watch my baby in pain. His bath didn't go very well last night, but thankfully Darin was home to help get some A&D on his bottom while Hunter snuggled with me. This morning, only one spot on his bottom still looked raw and Hunter didn't react at all when we changed his diaper. Whew!
- Darin and I have tried two new Weight Watcher Recipes this week and both were very good. We are excited to try new recipes as we have a bad habit of getting stuck on the same two week rotation of foods. Then, we switch to all new meals but never seem to incorporate enough recipes to have a month's worth of different meals. My new favorite free (zero point) foods are squash, zucchini, red, yellow, and orange bell peppers oven roasted. Sooo good!
*Please excuse the poor quality of photos. The only pictures I have taken this week have been on my phone.* Darin got a video of Hunter playing with his current favorite toys, maraca's, and I can't wait to post that (just have to upload it sometime).
You might want to give less details to where you live, where you go the Dr, and such. Anyone can read your blog so anyone can find you with enough details.
ReplyDeleteThank you for pointing that out. I edited out the some of the details on recent posts.
ReplyDelete