Thursday, April 14, 2011

Welcoming Ansley Home

I took a vacation day yesterday to spend time with Kole and Chase. My dad had primary responsibility for the boys for the two days that Emily and Drew were at the hospital. My dad went by McDonalds drive thru and picked up two happy meals for the boys on their way to my house. I made salads for me and my dad. Since it was a beautiful day, we all sat out on the deck and enjoyed our lunches. Kole and Chase had a great and peaceful time playing with all of Hunter's toys. When my dad took them back to their house for an afternoon nap, I baked dozens of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for Emily and made layered tortilla bake for one of their dinners this week. Not long after Kole woke up from his nap, I got to Emily's house with the food and many of other things. Kole and I made this sweet sidewalk chalk welcome sign for Ansley. I wrote the words and Kole decorated.

I picked up balloons at Kroger on my way over to Emily's house. I knew that I had to make sure to have enough balloons for Kole, Chase, Aubrey and Hailey (Drew's nieces). I also picked up a sign at Party City. The boys were very excited about the sign and balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment