Monday, November 8, 2010

Ms. Maureen

When I was getting Hunter out of his car seat in his classroom at daycare this morning, he spotted one of his two teachers, Ms. Maureen. He immediately smiled at her and she wasn't even looking in his direction. I got him out of his car seat and Ms. Maureen was standing next us. Hunter reached out for her. As his mommy, I would love to be the only woman that Hunter really loves right now, but it made me so happy to see how much he cares for Ms. Maureen. If he is happy in her care, then it makes every drop off that much easier. He is with Ms. Maureen and Miss Amy 40+ hours a week, so I am so very happy that Hunter is so happy in their care. It helps that Hunter reminds Ms. Maureen of her own triplet sons. I know it will be hard on Hunter to move on to the next classroom when the time comes. The transition should be helped by the fact that he sees Ms. Kathy, the next classroom's main teacher, on a daily basis. We don't have to worry about that transition until Hunter starts crawling, so hopefully he won't be doing that for at least another couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment