Sunday, June 20, 2010
First Pediatrician's Appointment
I wish I had a picture from before or while we were there, but we were too busy getting ourselves and him ready. Then, while there, I was trying to keep him quiet which meant that I had my first experience nursing in public. While at the doctor's office, Darin and I noticed that his umbilical cord was just barely hanging on to his skin. I felt like a horrible parent and that I had done something wrong that it was falling off so soon. It turned out that it was perfectly healthy that it was falling off so soon. His weight had gone from 7 lbs 8 oz the day prior to 7 lbs 13 oz. The feeding frenzy paid off! The nurse practitioner that we saw on Wednesday also happens to be a lactation consultant so we made an appointment to see her again on Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment