Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pregnancy Update

Last Monday, 6/11, I went to see the OB for my 36 week appointment.  Unfortunately, my blood pressure was higher than normal.  Dr Allen sent me directly to the hospital for monitoring.  I was supposed to be training the guy taking over my old position at work.  I drove straight down to the hospital and they hooked up up to a fetal monitor, contraction monitor and took my blood pressure every 15 minutes.  They did this for about 7.5 hours before they released me to go home on moderate bed rest.  I had a follow up appointment on Wednesday and my BP was still elevated (I had 3 appointments that morning), so Dr Allen put me on stric bedrest.  On Thursday, my vision was blurry, so I called the doctor's office.  They sent me to the hospital again and made me stay overnight.  I obeyed bed rest all weekend and my BP was normal at my 37 week appoinment on Monday, 6/18.  Today, 6/19, I had a perinatal visit.  Unfortunately, my dystolic BP was elevated so they called my regular Dr.  It was decided that I would be induced tonight.  I'm currently sitting in a hospital bed waiting on the orders (that were supposed sent here this afternoon) to get sent over.  If they get the orders sometime soon, Henry should be delivered sometime tomorrow on 6/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment