Saturday, May 26, 2012

Countdown to Closing...

is 6 days........Friday, June 1, 2012!  The packers come on Tuesday and Wednesday. We will follow the moving van out of town on Thursday.  I started the goodbye lunches/dinners a few weeks ago.  Last weekend, we had a family birthday party/goodbye party on Friday night at Pop and Nana's house.  The next night, we had a picnic at a local park with almost everyone from my old small group.  The singles small group ended in September of 2002.  Since then, marriages and babies have expanded the group greatly.  It was so nice to see them all and to say goodbye for now. 

This past week was also full of goodbyes.  My co-workers had an amazing party for us on Tuesday night.  My co-workers brought delicious appetizers and the dinner was a very yummy catered bar-b-que.  We hung out, talked, played ping pong and corn hole.  They gave us an awesome glider and foot stool for Henry's room and a beautiful globe music box.  I got to celebrate a good friend's engagement and a goodbye dinner on Wednesday night.  On Thursday night, Darin's co-workers hosted a really fun Farewell Party.  They got each of the boys a Cincinnati outfit and gave us an amazing basket full of Cincinnati favorites and really great gift cards!  Last night, one of my bestest friends came over to help me label boxes in the basement, but I was too tired so we just ordered pizza and hung out.  It was just what I needed and wanted after along week.

We have a busy three day weekend planned.  Packing of personal belongings, labeling boxes in the basement, getting organized for the move, celebrating Darin's birthday, and spending time with cousins.

The last time I had to say goodbyes was 12 years ago when I graduated college in Georgia.  I've never been good at goodbyes, but I'm trying to be better about actually saying them this time.  To those that read this blog that I don't get to spend quality time with before leaving, I'm sorry.  We will be visiting Cincinnati frequently, so I hope to see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment