Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend Recap

On Friday afternoon, I picked Hunter up from daycare and we went to Pop & Nana's house to visit with them and Papa. Papa bought Hunter a set of 4 cars that both Daddy and Hunter have had so much playing with this weekend. After Hunter had a couple snacks and lots of exploring, Hunter and I came home and played outside with Daddy.

Our high school neighbor gave Hunter a batman ball.

Hunter played soccer with his new ball.

Hunter practiced his throw in.

On Saturday morning, we went to a neighborhood having a 27 family garage sale. I got a few okay finds, and two really great finds. The best score was a Little Tikes Kitchen set with a washer, dryer and ironing board. I was slightly unsure about buying it for Hunter but the person selling it said that it was her son's toy.

I also found a blackboard/whiteboard easel that is currently in the basement until Hunter is old enough to enjoy it.

In the afternoon, we went to Kole & Chase's joint Angry Bird birthday party. The first thing Hunter did was swing. He gave lots of big smiles, but somehow none of the pictures captured the smiles.

He had so much fun running around checking everything out.

The birthday boys with Pop and their daddy.

Pop helped Hunter ride a small pink motorcycle.

Emily timed the party so that it fell during Papa's visit.

Poor little Ansley was absolutely exhausted, so she took a little nap in my arms.

Emily's friend from Georgia made the awesome Angry Birds cupcake toppers.

Kole blowing out his birthday candle. I can't believe he will be four years old this week!

Chase was so cute and excited but not really sure what to do. The little girl next to him blew out the candle for him.

Captain American Kole!

Hunter wearing the awesome cape Emily made as one of the many amazing party favors.


After the party, all the family went back to Emily & Drew's house for pizza and presents. It was like Christmas for Hunter this morning with all the gifts he managed to score from family and from the our garage sale finds on Saturday morning. Hunter and I spent the entire day at home today. Hunter got a couple good naps and played hard when he was awake. Darin went grocery shopping for us during one of Hunter's naps. Hunter spent much of his awake time today playing with the cars from Papa.

It was a busy but great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment