Two weeks ago yesterday, I took Hunter to the see the pediatrician for his first sick visit. He had green boogers for a couple of days. He wasn't acting any differently but the color of the boogers concerned me. The doctor assured me that it was just a cold. The following week, Hunter was acting sluggish and sounded very congested. I took his temperature and it was 100.5 degrees. It was after hours so we took him to the Mason Children's Hospital Urgent Care Center. They took his temperature again and it was only 99.7 degrees. They said that his breathing was fine - still just a cold but the doctor did diagnose him with thrush and cradle cap. Aunt Emily did Hunter's first cradle cap treatment. I did the 2nd one the following night and I am happy to report that the cradle cap is gone. The thrush is also finally gone as of today!
Hunter's sleeping habits are still all over the board, but he fought especially hard against taking naps on Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesday night, he slept all night though. I thought he might do the same thing last night after only napping for 1.5 hours all day yesterday. He did the opposite though. He was up every 1/2 hour to 1 hour for most of the night. He woke up happy and smiley this morning though. I took his temperature just to be sure he was okay. Despite his sunny disposition, he had a fever of 100.7 degrees. I was able to get an appointment with a pediatrician for less than an hour later. Hunter was all smiley, gazed at the doctor and held his hand while he listened to his lungs. The only time Hunter fussed was when the doctor looked in his ears. Poor boy has double ear infections!
No comments:
Post a Comment